Software Development (Level 8 Higher Diploma)
To be eligible for an ICT skills conversion course a person must be:
For this one-year full-time ICT Conversion courses you may be eligible irrespective of your employment status (i.e. whether you are employed or unemployed) and regardless of whether you are in receipt of income support from the Department of Social Protection.
Please go to http://springboardcourses.ie/eligibility to check if you are eligible.
This programme is designed to address the ICT skills demand for Computer Software Engineers. Software has become an essential component of both modern business and society and as such provides limitless opportunities for graduates with software development skills and knowledge. This programme provides breadth of knowledge and depth of technical skills required to meet both the current and future needs of the IT industry. The programme focus is on Software Engineering and Software Development techniques, applying state of the art methodologies and technology. The breadth of the programme enhances the learners ability to fit rapidly into different workplace cultures, diverse computing environments and to adapt to change.
The pace of delivery and intensity of the programme demand strong commitment and dedication. Learners will engage in active learning, with an emphasis on practical work. The following modules will be covered:
- Programming Data: Learners will be introduced and develop core skills on data programming.
- Project: Work based applied project.
- Algorithms and Data Structures: Learners will learn and apply core algorithms and data structure concepts.
- Software Product Development: Learners will develop and apply software programmes.
- Enterprise Application Development: Learners will understand analyse and develop key enterprise applications.
- Web Development: Learners will understand and apply core concepts in software engineering.
- Data Driven Applications: Design and Implementation: design, administration and programming practices required for effective implementation of data aps.
- Application Development: designed to equip learners with the advanced features required to build and deploy sols.
- Computer Systems, Operating Systems & Networks: provide an understanding of the structures and functions of computer systems, computer operating systems.
- Systems Modelling: covers areas such as UML modelling, software engineering in the context of the object oriented parad.
- DBS Architecture, Design and Programming: effective design, administration and implementation in order to support data driven applications.
Programme Delivery Mode
Classes will take place at the LIT Moylish Campus in Limerick
How to Apply
“Springboard+ is co-funded by the Government of Ireland and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF programme for employability, inclusion and learning 2014-2020.”