Management Accounting and Methods (Manufacturing/Electrical Technology Module)
The aim of this module is to provide the learner with a broad knowledge of costs applied to the value chain in industry and management techniques to control them. Having successfully completed this module, the learner will be able to:
1. Understand the role of Management Accounting.
2. Analyse costs and understand their behaviour.
3. Appreciate the need to make marketing and product decisions.
4. Understand Lean Manufacturing origins and the Toyota Production System.
5. Appreciate the role of Six Sigma in modern industry.
Students not registered on the Degree will receive an LIT Subject Certificate (Level 7, 5 Credits) on successful completion of the module. Students registered for the Degree will receive ECTS credits for each group of modules successfully completed. Accumulation of 60 credits will lead to the Degree Award.
Note: This module may be completed as a stand-alone course, or it may be completed by eligible participants for credit towards the award of Bachelor of Engineering in Manufacturing Technology (Level 7) or Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Technology (Level 7).