Leadership & Management in Education (Level 7, SPA LIT Certificate)
Due to a huge demand this programme is full for September 2019, January 2020 and September 2020! Please send an email to email@example.com to be added to the interest list for January 2021 which is also a waiting list for September 2020 in the event of a cancellation. Please note that there may be a slight increase in the fee for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Programme content will include a balanced contribution from a practical and theoretical perspective including:
- Personality type profiling— a Myers Briggs Model
- Educational Leadership
- Values and how they impact on action
- Educational Planning (in the context of School Development Planning)
- The changing educational context
- Interpersonal relations
- Conflict resolution
- Education administration and leadership
The assessment process requires participants to present a ‘Reflective Journal/Portfolio’.
The purpose of this Journal is:
- To help each participant document and reflect on key learning moments throughout the programme.
- To encourage and harness a continuous reflective capacity that enables participants to witness, explore, ponder on, synthesise, evaluate and analyse, the key learning elements that are significant.
- To encourage participants to apply some of the learning and knowledge from the programme to a specific task or role in their respective school or work environment.
All participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance in Leadership and Management in Education from LIT. For those participants who wish to achieve an accredited Level 7 Special Purpose Award (10 credits) in Leadership and Management in Education, the assessment process outlined above must be completed.