Leadership and Management in the Community and Voluntary Sector (Level 9, Master of Arts)
This programme is designed to equip experienced community and voluntary workers with the knowledge, skills and insight required to be effective managers in non-profit settings in the context of a changing community and voluntary sector environment. The programme examines the practice of management in the community and voluntary sector, informed by an analysis of wider management theory, and the changing role of community organisations. This programme serves to equip graduates with the necessary insight to manage themselves and staff in an effective manner building on the values and goals of an effective and empowering Community and Voluntary sector.
A relevant honours degree with a minimum of second class honours 2.2.
A primary honours degree AND at least 3 years relevant experience
Participants of the programme are also expected to be managers of projects, programmes or organisations and all participants must be currently working in a community and voluntary sector organisation in either a full-time or part-time employment or voluntary capacity. This requirement is key to the programme as assignments are linked to work settings and participants will draw upon their current or past workplace experience for the purposes of in class discussion, analysis, reflection and assessment.
- Contemporary Management for Social Care and Community Organisations
- Communication and Networking in the Community and Voluntary Sector
- The Changing Landscape of the Community and Voluntary Sector
- Leading and Managing in the Community and Voluntary Sector
- Digital Strategy for Community and Voluntary Organisations
- Governance and Law for the Community and Voluntary Sector
- Research Skills for Managers
- HRM in the Community and Voluntary Sector
- Financial Management for Social Care/Community Development
- Research Thesis
Participants will be assessed through a mixture of continuous assessment and examinations
Master of Arts in Leadership and Management in the Community and Voluntary Sector (Level 9). It is proposed to offer an Embedded Award of a Postgraduate Diploma in Arts in Leadership and Management in the Community and Voluntary Sector. Students could apply for this award after successful completion of 60 credits of the MA Programme in Leadership in Management in the Community and Voluntary Sector.