Construction Project Management (Special Purpose Award, Level 6)
*** Please note that this programme is FULL for September 2019. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for our January 2020 intake ****
This online programme is designed to give learners a solid grounding in the field of project management as applied to the construction sector. The programme is aimed at supervisors and managers in the sector and follows the body of knowledge developed by the Project Management Institute (PMI).
The topics covered will include:
- Introduction to Project Management and the Project Management Process. Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)
- The Planning and Scheduling Process – Conceptualisation/Scope management, project time management, project cost management
- Methods of Measuring Work Progress – Updating of schedules (bar charts, networks, line of balance, time chainage)
- Project Human Resource Management – Staffing, power, delegation, authority, performance appraisal. Role of the Project Manager and the project team
- Project Quality Management – Policy, planning, assurance, control, improvement
- Project Risk Management – Identification, quantification, mitigation. Decision tree analysis. Sensitivity analysis
- Project Procurement Analysis – Planning, solicitation, source selection, contract administration, contract close out
- Project Communications Management – Planning, information distribution, progress reporting, storage/archiving
Minimum entry requirements are Grade OD3 or higher in five subjects in the Leaving Certificate. Applicants are also expected to have a working knowledge of Revit Architecture, or to have completed Revit Architecture training. Knowledge of building design and construction is also desirable.
How to Apply
“Springboard+ is co-funded by the Government of Ireland and the European Social Fund as part of the ESF programme for employability, inclusion and learning 2014-2020.”