CAD Parametric Modelling with Solidworks
The application process for 2019 is now over. Please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added to the interest list for the next offering of this programme.
The use of computer aided design (CAD) systems in industry has become an essential part of the modern working environment. It is used at all stages of the design period, from conceptualisation and production of working drawings to the production of virtual reality images. This unit aims to further candidates understanding of the CAD Parametric Modelling environment.
Although there are no formal entry requirements, participants are expected to have a basic knowledge of computers and computing skills. This course is suitable for learners that wish to develop skills and knowledge in the CAD environment.
Upon completion of this course the learner will be able to:
- Use complex sketching and 2D constraints to create features
- Create and edit work features and use complex feature commands
- Create and modify simple table driven parts and assemblies
- Use motion and driven assembly constraints
- Add additional information to a drawing layout to aid the interpretation of design intent
- Create presentation quality displays of parts and assemblies
Assessments will be carried out through a mixture of practical assignments and written knowledge tests
City & Guilds Award in Parametric Modelling. City & Guilds qualification number 7689-01