CAD (Advanced) Parametric Modelling with Solidworks (City & Guilds)
The use of computer aided design (CAD) systems in industry has become an essential part of the modern working environment. It is used at all stages of the design period, from conceptualisation and production of working drawings to the production of virtual reality images. This unit aims to further candidates understanding of the CAD Parametric Modelling environment.
Although there are no formal entry requirements, participants are expected to have a good knowledge of computers and computing skills. This course is suitable for learners who have already completed the level 1 or level 2 City & Guilds Solidworks course (or equivalent).
Upon completion of this course the learner will be able to:
- Use advanced modelling techniques, including loft, sweep, multisolid bodies, splines.
- Import and constrain a library feature into a part / assembly.
- Create and manipulate surfaces using surface modelling methods.
- Create a rendered animation of a model and export to view in the resident visual software package.
- Use advanced assembly modelling techniques, (advanced mates, configurations, top-down assembly modelling, display stated).
- Create assemblies and parts using weldments and sheetmetal commands.
Assessments will be carried out through a mixture of practical assignments and written knowledge tests