Aircraft Leasing (Special Purpose Award, Level 7)
The aim of this module is to provide the student with an insight to the global aircraft leasing industry and Irelands role historically and currently within this sector. It will examine the major stakeholders and the size and scope of the worlds leased aircraft fleet, examining the factors which influence a lessor’s choice of country of registration. It will focus on some of the key elements of a typical operating lease agreement, its structure and the responsibilities of the Lessor and Lessee during a lease term.
A Level 6 qualification or equivalent
Content – Indicative
- History of Aircraft Leasing & Industry Overview
- Aircraft Leasing – the Business
- Aircraft Registration
- Aircraft Types and Performance
- Overview Aircraft Lease Types
- Overview of a typical Aircraft Operating Lease process
- Aircraft Lease Technical Considerations
- Lessor and Lessee obligations
- Asset Value protection and Risk Management
10 weeks, 3 hours per week
The programme is scheduled to commence on Tuesday 10th September. The class will run on Tuesday evening for the first week of the course, but will then change to Monday evenings for the remainder of the course, so from 16th September onwards, classes will take place on Monday evenings.
This programme will take place on site at Atlantic Air Adventure Aviation Centre, Shannon Town, Co Clare