Aircraft Leasing (Special Purpose Award Certificate, Level 7)
The aim of this module is to provide the student with an insight to the global aircraft leasing industry and Irelands role historically and currently within this sector. It will examine the major stakeholders and the size and scope of the worlds leased aircraft fleet, examining the factors which influence a lessor’s choice of country of registration. It will focus on some of the key elements of a typical operating lease agreement, its structure and the responsibilities of the Lessor and Lessee during a lease term.
Individuals with a Level 6 qualification in aircraft maintenance, an aviation qualification at Level 6 or above or with extensive experience in the aircraft maintenance industry.
Content – Indicative
- History of Aircraft Leasing & Industry Overview
- Aircraft Leasing – the Business
- Aircraft Registration
- Aircraft Types and Performance
- Overview Aircraft Lease Types
- Overview of a typical Aircraft Operating Lease process
- Aircraft Lease Technical Considerations
- Lessor and Lessee obligations
- Asset Value protection and Risk Management
10 weeks, 3 hours per week
Monday from 6.00pm to 9.00pm.
Commencement date to be confirmed for September 2019.
This programme will take place on site at Atlantic Air Adventure Aviation Centre, Shannon Town, Co Clare