This course is aimed at learners wishing to acquire the skills that will allow them to be creative in their own time. Sewing has always been popular but is going through another revival, assisted by the fact that domestic sewing machines have become much more reasonably priced and accessible to everyone.
This course is part of a series of programmes currently being developed at LSAD which draw from the Fashion Design expertise, currently available in the school (The Fashion Course at LSAD has been ranked in the top 50 courses in the world) and allow us to share our expertise with the wider public.
On Completion of the course students will be able to:
- Confidently use domestic sewing machine
- Apply basic sewing skills
- Understand basic block and relevant information
- Be able to select appropriate materials and trim
- Cut commercial pattern for basic skirt
- Construct a skirt pattern using appropriate finish, waistband, zip, button hole
This course will introduce students to:
- basic sewing skills using a domestic sewing machine
- the basic garment block
- selection of appropriate materials
- cutting and sewing basic commercial patterns including a basic skirt pattern at least