Quality Methods (BEng Manufacturing Technology Module)
To provide the learner with a broad knowledge of modern quality management methods, standards and techniques used in manufacturing. Having successfully completed this subject the student will be able to:
- Construct quality control charts, process- and tolerance based.
- Design AQL sampling plans for incoming and final inspection.
- Perform a quality audit on a procedure, using ISO9000 guidelines.
- Apply Quality problem-solving techniques such as Fishbone diagrams to typical industrial problems.
- Be able to design a simple experiment to determine process parameters.
Students not registered on the Degree will receive an LIT Subject Certificate (Level 7, 5 Credits) on successful completion of the module. Students registered for the Degree will receive ECTS credits for each group of modules successfully completed. Accumulation of 60 credits will lead to the Degree Award.