Programmable Logic Controller Systems (Manufacturing Technology) (Level 7)
To provide the learner with a broad knowledge of automation systems, programming approaches and industrial control applications.
Having successfully completed this module, the learner will be able to:
1. Outline the benefits of programmable control.
2. Explain the scan cycle operation of a programmable logic controller.
3. Devise structured programmes for manufacturing control applications using appropriate computer software.
4. Use a PLC to control discrete electro-mechanical and pneumatic devicesin accordance with EN 60204.
5. Select an appropriate control action for a simple process model.
Tuesday from 7.00pm to 10.00pm
Commencing Tuesday 24th January 2017
Students not registered on the Degree may, upon request, receive an LIT Subject Certificate (Level 7, 5 Credits) on successful completion of the module. Students registered for the Degree will receive ECTS credits for each group of modules successfully completed. Accumulation of 60 credits will lead to the Degree Award.
Note: This module may be completed as a stand-alone course, or it may be completed by eligible participants for credit towards the award of Bachelor of Engineering in Manufacturing Technology (Level 7) or Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Technology (Level 7).