HMI and SCADA (Manufacturing Technology) (Level 7)
To provide the learner with the skills needed to successfully design, develop and integrate a SCADA solution in industry. Having successfully completed this module, the learner will be able to:
1. Understand and identify the requirements needed to provide a solution to any industrial SCADA requirement
2. Design and visualise a solution for SCADA develop from engineering information provided
3. Integrate the use of OPC server client communication in a project
4. Implement the logging of data to SQL server
5. Establish the communication protocols used for industrial solutions
6. Examine batch solutions in industry
7. Relate the S88 standard which defines the hierarchical recipe management and process segmentation frameworks that separate products from the processes that make them
8. Utilise the web client utility for SCADA software
Thursday from 7.00pm to 10.00pm
Commencing Thursday 26th January 2017
Students not registered on the Degree may, upon request, receive an LIT Subject Certificate (Level 7, 5 Credits) on successful completion of the module. Students registered for the Degree will receive ECTS credits for each group of modules successfully completed. Accumulation of 60 credits will lead to the Degree Award.
Note: This module may be completed as a stand-alone course, or it may be completed by eligible participants for credit towards the award of Bachelor of Engineering in Manufacturing Technology (Level 7) or Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Technology (Level 7).