Energy Efficiency in Industry (Manufacturing Technology) (Level 7)
To provide the learner with specialist knowledge of and analysis methods for energy usage in industry with a focus on energy efficiency and carbon emission reduction. Having successfully completed this subject the learner will be able to:
1. Prepare an energy audit of a facility and identify the key energy usage
2. Propose the appropriate energy measurements for an enterprise and select the appropriate data-logging and monitoring equipment
3. Analyse the energy usage of a facility or plant and present appropriate energy indexes and reports
4. Identify opportunities for energy performance improvements across electrical, HVAC and process applications in industry
5. Propose potential energy efficiencies that will have significant cost benefits and carbon emission reductions.
Monday from 7.00pm to 10.00pm
Commencing Monday 12th September 2016
Students not registered on the Degree may, upon request, receive an LIT Subject Certificate (Level 7, 5 Credits) on successful completion of the module. Students registered for the Degree will receive ECTS credits for each group of modules successfully completed. Accumulation of 60 credits will lead to the Degree Award.
Note: This module may be completed as a stand-alone course, or it may be completed by eligible participants for credit towards the award of Bachelor of Engineering in Manufacturing Technology (Level 7) or Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Technology (Level 7).