Advanced PLC Systems (BEng Manufacturing Technology Module)
To provide the learner with a specialised knowledge of advanced automation systems, structured programming approaches and distributed control applications. Having successfully completed this module, the learner will be able to:
1. Devise structured programmes using an industrial PLC and computer software
2. Use an industrial PLC to control AC Induction Motor Drives
3. Use an industrial PLC to control intensive data acquisition and analogue applications
4. Configure an industrial PLC to operate in a distributed environment (Profibus)
5. Explain the interface of supervisory controllers with distributed intelligent devices
Wednesday from 7.00pm to 10.00pm
Commencing Wednesday 24th January 2017
Students not registered on the Degree may, upon request, receive an LIT Subject Certificate (Level 7, 5 Credits) on successful completion of the module. Students registered for the Degree will receive ECTS credits for each group of modules successfully completed. Accumulation of 60 credits will lead to the Degree Award.
Note: This module may be completed as a stand-alone course, or it may be completed by eligible participants for credit towards the award of Bachelor of Engineering in Manufacturing Technology (Level 7) or Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Technology (Level 7).