Database Development (Manufacturing Technology) (Level 7)
To provide the learner with a broad knowledge of the application, construction, programming and management of database systems. Having successfully completed this module, the learner will be able to:
- Design and construct simple database applications using commercial database management software.
- Explain the importance of ergonomic GUI design.
- Outline the current situation with respect to electronic business and its likely future economic effects.
- Explain how data sharing and security may be implemented in database management systems.
- Outline the technology available to perform shop floor data acquisition.
There are no formal entry requirements to take this module, however these are not introductory level modules and some familiarity with the area as well as a level of independent study would be expected for exam success.
Each taught module has a programme of continuous assessment worth 50% and a final exam worth 50%. It is necessary to pass both elements to achieve an award in the module. Students not registered on the Degree may receive an LIT Subject Certificate on successful completion of the module upon request. Students registered for the Degree will receive ECTS credits for each group of modules successfully completed. Accumulation of 60 credits will lead to the Degree Award.
12 weeks, 1 evening per week
Tuesday from 7.00pm to 10.00pm
Commencing Tuesday 24th January 2017
Students not registered on the Degree may, upon request, receive an LIT Subject Certificate (Level 7, 5 Credits) on successful completion of the module. Students registered for the Degree will receive ECTS credits for each group of modules successfully completed. Accumulation of 60 credits will lead to the Degree Award.
Note: This module may be completed as a stand-alone course, or it may be completed by eligible participants for credit towards the award of Bachelor of Engineering in Manufacturing Technology (Level 7) or Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Technology (Level 7).