Manufacturing Technology (Level 7, LIT Ordinary Degree)
The application process for this degree programme has now ceased for the 2016-2017 academic year. The application process for the 2017-2018 academic year will commence in late Spring 2017. Please contact us at FLLimerick@lit.ie to be added to the interest list.
What is the programme about?
To register on the degree programme, applicants must also meet the following minimum entry requirements:
a. National Certificate in Technology with specialisation in Manufacturing or Maintenance Technology at Pass level.
b. National Certificate in Engineering with specialisation in Electronics, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Industrial, Computer, Electrical or Production Engineering, or equivalent, at Pass level.
c. Qualifications and level performances equivalent to above. (HETAC/FETAC Level 6 Qualification).
d. Prior experiential learning and/or experience deemed to meet the criteria for an award at level 6 as set out in the NQAI Framework.
Learners with additional qualifications and experience may be eligible for exemptions from some of the modules.
- Each module comprises approximately 12 Weeks of Lectures/ Labs
- Attendance at LIT for one evening per week for 3 hours per module
- Final written exam (daytime) and continuous assessment per module
- Attendance at more than 70% of all practical elements is mandatory
- Modules run subject to adequate numbers
- Exam registration fee included in module fee
• Attendance at more than 70% of all practical elements is mandatory
The award of the Degree may require the successful completion of 10 modules plus a project, some of which may not be on offer as evening programmes at this time.
The core modules of the programme are as follows;
• Industrial Project
• Mathematics 1
• Manufacturing Systems
• Project Management