Leadership & Management in Education (Level 7, SPA LIT Certificate)
This programme is currently full to capacity for the September 2018, January 2019 and September 2019 intakes! Please send an email to email@example.com to be added to the list for January 2020 which is also a waiting list for September 2019 in the event of a cancellation. Please note that there may be a slight increase in the fee for the 2019-2020 academic year.
Programme content will include a balanced contribution from a practical and theoretical perspective including:
- Personality type profiling— a Myers Briggs Model
- Educational Leadership
- Values and how they impact on action
- Educational Planning (in the context of School Development Planning)
- The changing educational context
- Interpersonal relations
- Conflict resolution
- Education administration and leadership
The assessment process requires participants to present a ‘Reflective Journal/Portfolio’.
The purpose of this Journal is:
- To help each participant document and reflect on key learning moments throughout the programme.
- To encourage and harness a continuous reflective capacity that enables participants to witness, explore, ponder on, synthesise, evaluate and analyse, the key learning elements that are significant.
- To encourage participants to apply some of the learning and knowledge from the programme to a specific task or role in their respective school or work environment.
All participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance in Leadership and Management in Education from LIT. For those participants who wish to achieve an accredited Level 7 Special Purpose Award (10 credits) in Leadership and Management in Education, the assessment process outlined above must be completed.