Leadership & Management in Education (Level 7, SPA LIT Certificate)
This course is currently full to capacity for both the September 2017 and January 2018 intakes. Please send an email to email@example.com to be added to the list for September 2018 which is also a waiting list for January in the event of a cancellation.
Programme content will include a balanced contribution from a practical and theoretical perspective including:
- Personality type profiling— a Myers Briggs Model
- Educational Leadership
- Values and how they impact on action
- Educational Planning (in the context of School Development Planning)
- The changing educational context
- Interpersonal relations
- Conflict resolution
- Education administration and leadership
The assessment process requires participants to present a ‘Reflective Journal/Portfolio’.
The purpose of this Journal is:
- To help each participant document and reflect on key learning moments throughout the programme.
- To encourage and harness a continuous reflective capacity that enables participants to witness, explore, ponder on, synthesise, evaluate and analyse, the key learning elements that are significant.
- To encourage participants to apply some of the learning and knowledge from the programme to a specific task or role in their respective school or work environment.
All participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance in Leadership and Management in Education from LIT. For those participants who wish to achieve an accredited Level 7 Special Purpose Award (10 credits) in Leadership and Management in Education, the assessment process outlined above must be completed.