Programmable Logic Controller Systems (Electrical Technology) (Level 7)
To provide the learner with a broad knowledge of automation systems, programming approaches and industrial control applications.
Having successfully completed this module, the learner will be able to:
1. Outline the benefits of programmable control.
2. Explain the scan cycle operation of a programmable logic controller.
3. Devise structured programmes for manufacturing control applications using appropriate computer software.
4. Use a PLC to control discrete electro-mechanical and pneumatic devicesin accordance with EN 60204.
5. Select an appropriate control action for a simple process model.
Tuesday from 7.00pm to 10.00pm
Commencing Tuesday 24th January 2017