Advanced PLC Systems (BEng Electrical Technology Module)
To provide the learner with a specialised knowledge of advanced automation systems, structured programming approaches and distributed control applications.
Having successfully completed this module, the learner will be able to:
1. Devise structured programmes using an industrial PLC and computer software.
2. Use an industrial PLC to control AC Induction Motor Drives.
3. Use an industrial PLC to control intensive data acquisition and analogue applications.
4. Configure an industrial PLC to operate in a distributed environment (Profibus).
5. Explain the interface of supervisory controllers with distributed intelligent devices.
Wednesday from 7.00pm to 10.00pm
Commencing Wednesday 24th January 2018