Electrical Technology (Level 7, LIT Ordinary Degree)
The application process for the 2017-2018 academic year will commence in June 2017. Please contact us at FLLimerick@lit.ie to be added to the interest list.
What is the programme about?
The Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Technology (Level 7) is an add-on ordinary degree, specifically designed for those with a level 6 qualification in a cognate electrical field. Learners may apply for registration on individual modules regardless of prior experience or qualification, in order to access advanced training and skill upgrades. A candidate should have relevant experience in a technical role in the electrical services or industrial sector.
- Each module comprises approximately 12 Weeks of Lectures/ Labs
- Attendance at LIT for one evening per week for 3 hours per module
- Final written exam (daytime) and continuous assessment per module
- Attendance at more than 70% of all practical elements is mandatory
- Modules run subject to adequate numbers
- Exam registration fee included in module fee
The award of the Degree may require the successful completion of 10 modules plus a project, some of which may not be on offer as evening programmes at this time. The core modules of the programme are as follows:
- Electrical Project
- Mathematics 1
- Electrical Planning & Layout
- Project Management
- Electrical Testing & Certification